By HENRY ALFORD ~ New York Times STYLE
1. Google may have sent as many as 700,000 people to the wrong polling places. “Did you mean: polo places?”
2. John Boehner cries. He’s not the only one.
3. Katrina Is Just Another Woman’s Name: George W. Bush says the all-time low of his presidency was Kanye West saying, “George Bush doesn’t care about black people.”
4. That overripe, fruity smell in the wind. The end of fresh fig season, or previews for the movie “Burlesque” with Cher and Christina Aguilera?
5. “I Remember Nothing,” a new essay collection from the actress Denise Richards..
6. Giants win World Series. San Francisco’s sourdough bread bowls runneth over.
7. Pranksters hijack Sarah Palin’s and Glenn Beck’s Facebook pages. The giveaway was all the correct grammar.
8. How to throw a party, November 2010 edition: 10 cases Four Loko alcoholic energy drink + 1 “Whip My Hair” video
9. The spectral, doomy Mary Matalin should guest-star on “Glee” as Sue Sylvester’s Endora.
10. The rent. It’s still too damn high.